With the ripple effect of COVID-19, the global shipping industry has been kept busy navigating these choppy waters. To help market professionals stay abreast of the recent developments, S& Global Platts and BIMCO shipping teams lined up a webinar series in September and October 2021.
Join us as we cover the red-hot container market, marine fuel of the future, and recent changes in the US tanker market.
September 14, 2021
9.30 am – 10.30 am BST
S&P Global Platts & BIMCO Webinar: A year of extremes in container shipping: When will this perfect storm end?
- — Peak-season all year round – what are the alternatives for the shipper?
- — Highest container shipping market ever, for how long?
- — How did we end up here, and how do we get away from it?
- — When will global supply chains break down?
- — What could the future of liner shipping look like?
- — Fireside Chat with Industry Player: Kai Miller, Kuehne + Nagel
September 16, 2021
11am – 12pm BST
S&P Global Platts Webinar: Pricing the Fuel of the Future
- — How can the shipping industry reliably price lower-carbon alternative marine fuels, ahead of the IMO 2030 and 2050 climate regulations?
- — How to choose? The costs and benefits of the current frontrunners for the fuel of the future
- • Ammonia
- • Methanol
- • Biofuels
- • Hydrogen
- — Shipping and the Energy Transition: What will the fleet look like in 2050 and beyond
October 14, 2021
9am – 10 am CT
S&P Global Platts & BIMCO Webinar: Game changers in Atlantic Basin tanker seascape: When can we expect solid Atlantic basin tanker demand to return?
- — What will shape post-pandemic Atlantic basin products tanker freight dynamics?
- — Are Brazil and West Africa the only drivers in Atlantic Basin trade flow changes?
- — Will the Americas retain the pre-pandemic front-haul loading dynamic for crude tankers?