The fight for survival?
The refining industry has been experiencing weak margins, low utilization rates, decimated demand and numerous supply chain issues due to the coronavirus pandemic. The IEA have said it will take years for the refining sector to fully recover with the market for refined products being smaller in 2021 than it was in 2015. Furthermore, refiners are facing considerable conundrums about how to implement technological advances, what is the future of the industry, what will the landscape of refineries across the globe look like and will the market see some certainty after a period of high volatility and rapid change.
However, an industry in flux also allows for an industry to embrace transformation and innovation while shaking off constraints and disruptions.
So ultimately what does the new normal hold for Asian refiners?
Join us at the Asia Refining Virtual Summit, March 4 2020, to discuss four key topic areas with industry leaders!
- Crude selection, optimization and buying patterns in Asia. The drive for positive margin territory.
- Case studies: China and India and the two different strategies employed to ramp up recovery
- The free-fall of the aviation industry
- Energy transition and the strive for net zero. Achieving refining excellence.
- Evolution of Middle East crude futures
Register now to enjoy early bird discount and seize the opportunity to buy a ticket at only USD199.
There will be upside and downside for the refining industry – join the conference to gain first-hand insights, dissect challenges and understand the fundamental adjustment needed to achieve success for you and your business.
- — Build your network—You can't "work a room" like you used to. Now you can see who else is registered, help people find you, and exchange contact information digitally.
- — Connect—Use 1:1 messaging to introduce yourself. Conversations are saved and searchable for your convenience.
- — Enjoy extra content—Get Platts market news, exclusive content, and more leading up to the event. Find out about event updates as they happen.
- — Share—Add your social media profiles to the tool to easily post, share, and connect. Check the real-time activity feed to learn what other attendees are thinking right now.
- — Take it all with you—Use the tool to take notes, then export them (and share with other attendees). Look up contacts and conversations later. Visit the replay for a refresher and to download speaker presentations. Install the mobile app version for easy access from anywhere.