Join us for one or more of our events during S& Global Platts Energy Week New York, December 9-12, 2019 in New York City.
Platts Energy Week New York is a 4-day long series of events designed for all energy stakeholders.
We kick off the week on Monday, December 9 with Platts University, a two-day oil market fundamentals training course. On Wednesday, December 11, top energy executives gather for Platts Global Energy Outlook Forum to discuss the most pressing energy issues at the. We end with a bang on December 12, with the Global Energy Awards where we celebrate the top individuals and companies in energy.
Register above to take advantage of additional savings by registering for more than one of Platts Energy Week New York events.
S&P Global Platts University brings you an exclusive opportunity to understand the fundamentals and economics behind oil supply and refinery optimization while connecting it to the market mechanisms that drive the prices. We do this by bringing together pricing and fundamental analysis.
This training has something for everyone within the oil supply chain. Our training will help you understand:
- What drives the economic decision to produce oil and the role OPEC plays
- How refineries select their crude and optimize their margins
- The impact all this has on prices as traders bid and offer physical cargos including in the Platts Market on Close (MOC) Window
- How to manage risk by using tools such as derivatives or futures markets
Platts University offers unique, actionable insights into the industry’s commercial focus and its bearing on market movements, including the opportunity to see the MOC process explained live in real time.
If this looks like something you need, then Platts University is a sound investment.
Global Energy Outlook Forum
The 12th annual S& Global Platts Global Energy Outlook Forum will be held on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at the New York Marriott Downtown, NYC. Join us to get an overview and outlook of the energy markets. Hear current market dynamics that are affecting the industry, and network with industry peers and decision makers. These are some of the topics that will be covered:
- Energy related C02 emissions are rising despite increase in regulations.
- Global demand for energy is in an upward trend, with last year having the biggest increase in demand in nearly a decade.
- Some countries are focusing on diversifying and growing renewable energy, while other countries struggle with infrastructure.
- Investors have a diverse energy landscape to navigate, but the speed of technological growth and uncertainty around environmental regulation make it crucial to quickly recognize opportunities.
With 2020 on the horizon, many are looking ahead and there are some important things to consider. These issues raise questions such as:
- What is the current investment landscape for renewables and energy storage?
- What resources are still in play for long-term portfolios, and what’s in store for coal and natural gas?
- What is the future of renewables and base load generation?
- Are renewables a realistic solution for developing countries? How long would it take and how is the upstream sector evolving to meet shifting demands from industry and consumers?
Global Energy Awards
The 21st annual S&P Global Platts Global Energy Awards black-tie affair will be held on December 12, 2019 at Cipriani South Street (10 South Street) in New York, NY to celebrate the top performers, industry leaders, and innovators in the energy industry.
- 6-7 pm – Registration & Welcome Remarks
- 7:00-10:30 pm – Dinner & Awards Ceremony
- 10:30 pm-12 am – Celebration Party
Reasons to Attend:
- Showcase your executives in bright lights on a grand stage
- Gain individual and company recognition in the energy industry
- Boost employee morale by showing them off in front of their peers
- Reward employee efforts in a high-profile, cost effective setting
- Conduct your business in a relaxed and fun networking environment