WEBINAR AND WEB EVENTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ATTENDANCE
These terms and conditions of attendance (“Terms”) shall govern an attendee’s (“Attendee” or “you”) registration for and participation in a webinar or other web event (each, an “Event”) hosted by S&P Global Platts, a division of S&P Global Inc. (“Platts”), a New York corporation whose principal office is located at 55 Water Street, New York, New York 10041, United States.
- FEES — All fees for Event registration (“Fees”) are quoted and payable to Platts in United States dollars by credit card only at the time of registration. Event registration shall close 24 hours before the start of the Event.
- TAX — The Fees and charges quoted are exclusive of all applicable value-added, sales, use and similar taxes. All payments made by the Attendee shall be free and clear of, and without deduction or withholding for, taxes imposed by any governmental authority.
- DISCOUNTS — Discounts for early registration or other promotional offers may be available. Please refer to the registration form for the Event.
- PLATTS DISCRETION AS TO ATTENDANCE — Platts reserves the right to refuse an Attendee’s admission to the Event, acting at its sole discretion. In the event that Platts refuses admission to an Attendee who has registered for an Event, Platts will refund the Fees paid by that Attendee.
- SUBSTITUTION — Subject to Platts’ approval, the Attendee is entitled to a one-time transfer of Event registration(s) to another employee of his or her organization, provided that the Attendee notifies Platts by email to [email protected] at least three (3) Working Days (as defined in the ADDENDUM) before the first day of the Event.
- ATTENDEE CANCELLATION — The Attendee is not entitled to cancel any one or more of the Event registrations it has made. If Attendee is not able to attend, the Attendee’s registration may be transferred in accordance with the substitution requirements in paragraph 5 above.
- PLATTS CANCELLATION — Platts is entitled to cancel the Event by email notice to the Attendee (a) for any reason twenty one (21) calendar days before the first day of the Event or (b) for reasons of Force Majeure (as defined in the ADDENDUM) at any time before the Event. Platts’ liability for such cancellation is limited to a refund of the Fees already paid by Attendee.
- EVENT PROGRAM — Platts reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the advertised Event program and agenda, and to the list of speakers and presenters, at any time and without prior notice.
- NOTICES — All notices required under these Terms shall be served by email to (i) Platts at [email protected] and (ii) the Attendee at the email address provided by/on behalf of the Attendee when registering for the Event. Such notice shall be deemed served on the first Working Day after the day upon which it can be shown it was sent to the correct email address if no message failure notice has been received in such regard.
- LIABILITY — Notwithstanding any losses which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law, Platts excludes all warranties and conditions whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. The Attendee shall indemnify and hold harmless Platts, its affiliates and its and their employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents from any and all claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable legal expenses and court costs) arising out of or in relation to (i) the breach of this agreement by the Attendee or (ii) the negligence or willful misconduct of the Attendee. In no event shall Platts be liable if Attendee is unable to attend the Event due to limitations in Attendee’s software, hardware, other equipment, or internet connection.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS — The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that all Event materials, documents and any other literature provided by Platts prior to or during an Event (“Materials”) remain the sole and exclusive property of Platts and/or its licensors. Each Attendee acknowledges and agrees that no copying, recording or re-distribution of the Materials, or any part thereof, is permitted unless otherwise authorized by Platts in writing.
- RECORDING AND PHOTOGRAPHY PROHIBITED — The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that photography, filming and recording are prohibited during all Event sessions and throughout the Event, except with the permission of Platts and the person(s) being recorded or filmed. If permitted, photographs, audio, or video taken during the Event may only be reprinted, copied, submitted, posted or uploaded to the internet in accordance with the requirements outlined in clause 14 of these Terms.
- USER GENERATED CONTENT — The Attendee:
- warrants that any content that is submitted, reprinted, copied, posted or uploaded on social media will not infringe privacy rights, will not infringe copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights or contain offensive, obscene, false or defamatory material;
- warrants that they have obtained the consent of any third party who appears, or is referred to, in any content that is submitted, reprinted, copied, submitted, posted or uploaded to the internet, including obtaining the written permission of the subject of a photograph or an audio or visual recording at the Event prior to uploading that picture or recording to the internet;
- agrees to indemnify Platts as set forth in clause 11 of these Terms in respect of any loss or damage arising from claims brought by a third party alleging a breach of any of the warranties outlined in clause 14 of these Terms; and
- agrees to assign all intellectual property rights in any user generated content created by the Attendee at an Event to Platts, including all permissions to enable Platts to use such content as it sees fit, and to undertake all acts necessary in order to give effect to the assignment.
- NO PUBLICITY — The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that it must not use Platts’ name or trademarks in any publicity, advertising, public announcements, marketing materials, web sites or other materials without Platts’ prior written approval.
- LAW AND COURTS — This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable federal laws of the United States and the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the any courts located in the State of New York, County of New York for the resolution of any disputes arising from or related to this agreement, and waive any claim of inconvenient forum.
- ANTI-TRUST AND SANCTIONS COMPLIANCE — Platts is committed to full compliance with all applicable antitrust laws. Platts expects Attendees at each Event to be aware of, understand, and comply with all anti-trust laws and not to use any Event to co-ordinate their commercial activities. Any activity that could create an appearance of a restriction upon or a distortion of competition must be avoided. Platts reserves the right to ask Attendees, who it believes do not comply with anti-trust laws, to cease and desist and/or to leave any Event. Attendee represents and warrants that: (i) neither Attendee nor Attendee’s employer, nor any of the employees, directors or corporate officers of either Attendee’s employer or such employer’s affiliates, is the subject of any sanctions administered by any applicable sanctions authority which would preclude Attendee from attending the event; and (ii) Attendee is not an agency or instrumentality of, or an entity owned or controlled by, the government of a jurisdiction that is the subject of territorial Sanctions, or located, organized, or resident in a country that is the subject of territorial Sanctions. Attendee acknowledges and agrees that Platts has the right to immediately remove Attendee from the Event, if Platts determines, in its sole discretion, that Platts is required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, or Attendee has breached any of the representations or warranties in this paragraph.
- SEVERABILITY AND INCONSISTENCY — If any provision of this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this agreement shall not be affected or impaired and the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT — This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and representations between the parties.
Force Majeure means any circumstance not within Platts’ reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of nature, flood, drought, earthquake, severe or adverse weather conditions, or other natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat or preparation of war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, breaking off of diplomatic relations, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, any law or action taken by a government or public authority, fire, explosion, collapse of buildings or accident, labor or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts and interruption or failure of utility services.
Working Days refers to Monday to Friday excluding any public holidays as applicable.