This Platts Live Thought Leadership Session is a content led virtual event bringing together speakers from around the Gas & LNG sectors across 2 days.
DAY 1: Tuesday, September 29, 2020
- 11:00 am Chair’s Welcoming Remarks
Stuart Elliott, Senior Writer, European Gas and LNG, S&P Global Platts
- 11:10 am KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: The European gas market through uncertainty 2020 has been an unprecedented period for the European Gas Market, so far it has brought with it supply and demand disruption, rapid price swings and impacted out personal lives in a dramatic way, it’s certainly been a year of adaption.
Niek den Hollander, Executive Board Member, Uniper
- 11:20 am ESSENTIAL EXCHANGE: Evolving supply and demand – step back and assess The European gas market has been plagued with prices at all-time lows, supplies at record highs, and demand in the doldrums. How long will it take to receive some normality again, and what can we expect for the winter ahead?
Peter Zeniewski, WEO, Senior Gas Analyst, IEA
Anouk Honoré, Senior Research Fellow, Oxford Institute of Energy Studies
- 12:00 pm Networking break
- 12:15 pmUnderstanding the global LNG market – what will shape it moving forwards It has been said LNG has been just as hard hit as the Crude oil markets from the pandemic. The LNG market today is on unstable footing quashing all previous outlooks for LNG before 2020. What is the new outlook for LNG in the wake of COVID-19?
Samer Mosis, Senior Analyst, LNG, S&P Global Platts
- 12:35 pm LEADER’S PANEL: Infrastructure and investment through COVID-19 Discuss the impact that the pandemic has had on these 2 sectors, has there been delays to pipeline projects and how has investment appetite evolved, has it now shifted greater towards renewables?
Catherine Gras, CEO, Storengy Germany and UK
Arno Büx, Chief Commercial Officer, Fluxys and President, GLE
Bert Van der Toorn, Managing Director, Energy Sector - Global Lead Mid/Downstream, ING
- 1:15 pm Question and answer with our experts
- 1:45 pm Close of Day 1
DAY 2: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
- 11:00 amChair’s Welcoming Remarks
Siobhan Hall, Editorial Lead, EU Energy Policy, S&P Global Platts
- 11:05 amKEYNOTE: bp energy outlookbp’s Energy Outlook explores different pathways for the global energy system to 2050 through different scenarios. As a decarbonised energy system will look significantly different from today’s, the Energy Outlook investigates how the contribution of different fuels and technologies, including natural gas and hydrogen, may evolve to reach a net zero world.
Anne-Sophie Corbeau, Head of gas analysis, bp
- 11:35 amINTERVIEW: Update on the European Commission’s Green DealThe Green Deal envisions a power sector based largely on renewable sources, the rapid phasing out of coal, decarbonisation of gas and a focus on energy efficiency. Given the dramatic effect his has had on the gas and power sector, what next?
Klaus-Dieter Borchardt, Deputy Director General, European Commission
- 11:50 am Networking break
- 12:00 pmLEADER’S PANEL: Assessing the European Gas Market on the road to transition The impact from COVID-19 will have had different impacts on every organisation. However the deadline for Europe to become net zero in carbon still remains. Hear from Europe’s leading organisations on what they are doing to meet these new targets.
Gregor Pett, EVP Market Analytics/Market Solutions, Uniper
Camilla Palladino, EVP Strategy & IR, SNAM
Sergei Komlev, Head of Contract Structuring & Price Formation Directorate , Gazprom Export
- 12:35 pmQuestion and answer with our experts
- 1:05 pmClose of Day 2